Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Recitals are fun. They're half a requirement to graduate, half a chance to show off all the fun music you've been working on, and half an excuse to bake lots of cookies and throw an epic reception. Also, half bad at math.

So mine was this past Saturday. The actual recital was great, I got to play some really fun music, and didn't sound half bad! And the reception? There were my mom's famous meatballs, creampuffs, (they're a tradition!) chick-fil-a chicken nuggets, five plates of sex cookies, and these amazing cupcakes.
I look so legit!

I remember the first time I made these cupcakes. I made them with a freakishly tasty spiced cream cheese icing. I went with boring canned cream cheese icing this time, since I made FOUR BATCHES of them. It just seemed easier.

These cupcakes are really good, and really easy. They're super moist, (like, SUPER moist! The texture is strange, they almost don't taste like cupcakes anymore, but trust me, it's a good thing!) and as an added bonus, they're sorta healthy! Well, they're healthier than the average cupcakes, which isn't saying much. Besides, once you dump the frosting on them, it kind of ruins that whole "healthy" thing. Oh well.




Pumpkin Cake

1 15oz can of pumpkin, or 2 cups fresh pumpkin
1 box cake mix (yellow or white works best, I've also used spice cake which works, chocolate might be fun to try too)
Optional, I added some cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground cloves to make them taste more pumpkin pie - ish. I didn't measure, just toss them in until it tastes good!

Mix pumpkin, cake mix, and spices the batter will be very thick. Bake according to cake directions. Note: this cake doesn't rise up very much. Not a big issue for cakes, but you have to fill your cupcakes more than you would usually, and it doesn't make as many.

No comments:

Post a Comment