Friday, July 20, 2012

Cookie Dough Dip

Yeah, ok. I'm a little behind the trend here.


I love my boy, but he gets whiny when he's hungry. (Ok fine, so do I.) But anyway, the boy was hungry one day, and the only thing in the whole wide world that could make him happy was sex cookies. That's it. Now, he's great and all, but if I baked these cookies every time he wanted them, I wouldn't have time to sleep. So when I told him I didn't have the time, he insisted on just eating the butterscotch chips out of the bag.

Now, in cookies, butterscotch chips are great, but on their own, they're actually kinda gross. Hungry, whiny boys don't understand this. So my challenge was to whip up something tasty in less than five minutes that involved butterscotch chips.

Cue the cookie dough dip.

I just so happened to have everything for this recipe in the house. Looking back, that wasn't exactly a good thing. This stuff was dangerous! We had leftovers of this stuff in the house for about a week, and I'm not sure whether my roommate loved me or hated me because of it. I mean, this is good.

Ok, so the one thing I messed up on? The chips. I did half and half chocolate and butterscotch (the boy wanted butterscotch, I wanted chocolate!) The raw butterscotch chips still tasted...raw. Blech. They really need to be saved for cookies, and only cookies. I also got a little excited and put waaaaay too many in. Yeah, follow the recipe (like I didn't) and try not to get too fat off this stuff!


Cookie Dough Dip
From How Sweet it is 
 
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cups chocolate chips

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture starts to bubble. Set aside to cool, and whisk in vanilla.
Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar for 60 seconds. With mixer on low speed, add in brown sugar and butter mixture. Mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Serve with fruit, cookies, crackers, pretzels or just a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment