Friday, December 9, 2011

Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate

Sometimes, it's the simple recipes that are the best. Like this. Simple, but tastes like fall. Also, I have nearly a gallon of pumpkin in the freezer, I'm getting a little desperate to use it up!


I'm usually not a huge fan of homemade hot chocolate. I mean, I make it with cocoa powder and sugar sometimes, and I feel super domestic for not using the boxed stuff, but it just doesn't taste as good. Nestle and Swiss Miss, hey, even Kroger brand, they just have hot chocolate down to an art.

Here's my one complaint about this recipe. Remember when I made up my pumpkin, and I smushed it with a potato masher instead of a blender? And I liked it better because it gave everything a little bit of a homey-er texture? Yeah, that doesn't apply here. It gives it texture all right! Almost the texture of oatmeal! So use the blender, use a can, just don't use a potato masher for this one!


Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate
From Closet Cooking

3 cups whole milk
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 ounces white chocolate, roughly chopped
pinch salt

Heat the milk, pumpkin puree, and spices in a sauce pan until it just starts to simmer and remove form heat. Add the chocolate and stir until it has melted. Makes 4 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment